Whether your business is large or small, if you're not utilizing social media, you're missing out on a huge marketing opportunity. Studies show that companies who spent six or more hours a week using social media correctly saw 52% more leads than those who did not. Studies also show that companies who use Twitter tend to average approximately 50% more leads per month than those who don't. These trends only grow stronger with every passing year, so businesses that haven't jumped on the social media marketing bandwagon yet are in danger of getting left behind.
While many businesses have found success with hiring someone else to manage their social media presence, some small businesses find that they don't have the resources to hire a specialist to do that work for them. If that is you, consider these helpful tips on making the most of your social media sites:
- Post regularly with quality information regarding your business.
- Consciously post in a voice that is consistent with your company values.
- Share a variety of content, such as pictures, videos, links, questions, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with what is happening in the news around you so that you can make topical posts.
- Be open and friendly to all. Make friends and encourage others to interact with you by interacting with them first.
- Post too much. You don't want to oversaturate any social media site with an overwhelming number of posts.
- Make extreme statements. You could turn off potential customers because of where you stand personally on a specific topic.
- Ignore people. If someone has taken the time to interact with you, try to work with whatever you get and respond back to them.
- Assume everyone is on your level. Be sensitive to varying perspectives and tailor your rhetoric to those you interact with.
- Be repetitive. While it is okay to keep threads of content alive, don't annoy your audience with the same message over and over.
Just like every other area of business, social media has its own unique etiquette that should be abided by in order to get the best results. If you do find that handling your company's social media presence has become too much work for you, feel free to contact the social media specialists at CyberMark International. Call us today to learn more about the social media services we offer.