From â€œtweetingâ€ on Twitter to â€œfriendingâ€ on Facebook, the possibilities for promoting your business via social media are seemingly endless. In fact, there are more than 400 social media websites on which you can create a profile for implementing innovative website marketing techniques.
That said, only a small percentage of social media websites are worth your time and energy â€“ a choice you should make based on 1) the popularity of each site, and 2) its relevance to your product or service. Depending on just how much time you have to devote to social media, the â€œhandfulâ€ of sites you may want to participate on (of the more than 400 that exist) could range from 10 to more than 50!
In other words, YOUR social network could and should look different from anyone else's. However, there are some top social networking sites on which everyone should strongly consider having a profile for optimal website marketing, including:
Social news and bookmarking sites are important too, like Digg, Propeller and Technorati. Plus, every niche has its own set of social media websites. For instance, if you're an author, you would also want to create a page on Shelfari, a social networking site for people who love books.
In tomorrow's post look for specific tips on how to effectively engage on these and other social media sites so that you can:
- Strengthen your online presence
- Strengthen your brand
- Personalize your company's identity
- Interact directly with existing or potential customers and clients
- Target potential customers and clients in your city, state or region
- Target potential customers or clients who are specifically interested in a product or service like yours
- Promote your website via company updates, new products and special announcements throughout the social media world
Throughout this blog series, â€œ30 Days to Bigger and Better Website Marketing,â€ please direct any questions to our contact us page or ask via the comments section of this blog.