Considering the emphasis that search engines place on link popularity, CyberMark includes inbound link building in all of our SEO packages. Now with the engines increasingly placing even greater emphasis on quality inbound links, we're suggesting that all our website marketing clients increase the number of hours spent on monthly linking strategy.
Our strategy for building â€œlink popularityâ€ is based on the fact that:
- Search engines place a higher value on sites that have more links pointing to them, preferably from sites with content relevant to yours
- There is a good way to get links and a bad way to get links, as getting too many links too fast is not natural and the engines may penalize you for it
- Although search engines don’t come right out and say that they don’t like unpopular sites, consider this: 1) Google discourages manual submission of sites, stating instead they will find your site by following links that point to your site. 2) Sites not getting continuous links frequently drop in Google rankings. 3) Sites with higher link popularity are heavily favored and rank higher than those whose link popularity is comparatively low
How many inbound links is enough? Infinity! Your link popularity can never be too high. The key is:
- Choosing the right websites to link with
- Find a “natural” pace at which to add links over time
- Selecting anchor text (clickable part of the link) and varying that anchor text percentage. (Too high of a percentage can actually incur a penalty, while a percentage that’s too low may not be strong enough to keep you competitive for your keywords.)
Throughout this blog series, â€œ30 Days to Bigger and Better Website Marketing,â€ please direct any questions to our contact us page or ask via the comments section of this blog.