Search engine optimization for local companies is all about ongoing, consistent online promotional activities, so it only makes sense that blogging can be the perfect tool to help. The good news is, many local or small businesses haven't hopped on the blogging bandwagon yet as an SEO tactic, so it's still something of a secret weapon.
The majority of local businesses are putting their efforts toward highly competitive categories, such as obtaining local citations and links, finessing their Google+ Local listing, encouraging customer reviews on Yelp or other review sites, and setting up basic social media sites. Since all of these businesses are doing essentially the same things, they end up barely making any headway, resulting in little to no movement in ranking position. But, if one of those companies begins blogging consistently, that business may rapidly become top dog, gaining the advantages that many of the non-blogging companies lose out on.
What are some of the advantages of blogging for local companies?
- Google's algorithms favor content that is consistently updated with fresh content, like blog posts.
- Well-written blog posts can attract an audience that is interested in your products or services, creating potential new customers and a following that Google's local algorithms will take notice of.
- A blog will provide your site with a unique link profile which results is more successful SEO.
- Allows you to rank in Blog Search, resulting in greater exposure and distribution of your promotional efforts.
- Blogging provides a solid bedrock for developing your social media presence, as well as your online reputation.
Installing a blog and writing for it consistently are not necessarily shortcuts to achieving higher ranking in the short term. They can take some time to work, but should be seen as an investment in the long-term success of your company. If you do it right, it can be an incredible tool for helping you get ahead of your competitors in terms of search engine optimization and social media.
Having the help of a professional internet marketing company can make all the difference in your success with blogging and social media. At CyberMark International, we can setup and install a blog on your website and even post to it regularly to ensure it is fully optimized. For more information on the services we provide at CyberMark, contact us today.