What are Google Ads?
Google Ads, formerly known as Google AdWords, is an online advertising platform created by Google. It allows businesses and individuals to create ads and display them to users who are actively searching for products, services, or information on Google and its partner websites. The key ad formats most commonly used are search ads and display ads.
Search ads appear on Google search results when people look for products and services you offer.
- We use the Google Ads platform to bid on certain keywords related to your business or brand
- When someone searches for keywords or phrases on Google that we’re bidding on, your ad can show at the top of the search results page
- You only pay when someone clicks on your ad. This is a Cost-Per-Click (CPC) model.
- Every time a prospect clicks on your ad, they are taken to a website page (often called a landing page)
Ads appear to people in your targeted audience as they browse the web or apps within Google’s ad network. Display Advertising differs from Paid Search in a few key ways:
- Prospects are not shopping for your services at the time they see your ad. Therefore, they may take more time and require more nurturing to actually become a customer.
- Google offers a lot of audience customization options to help deliver ads to just the right people:
- Automatic ad placement using machine learning
- Targeting in-market audiences: these are people whose recent browsing history indicates they are in the market for a service or product
- Targeting by demographic
- Targeting by interest
What to expect from your Google Ads?
When will ads show?
- When we turn on your campaigns, your ads will begin to show when prospects in your targeted area search for keywords we’re bidding on.
- Keep in mind that search ads only show if someone in your area searches for keywords that we are bidding on AND the ad is eligible to show to that user at that time
When will I get charged?
- We divide your total monthly budget by 30 and set that as a daily budget in order to pace your results throughout the month. Your ads will run throughout the day until the daily budget has been met as people click on your ads.
- For example, if your monthly budget is $1000, we will set a daily budget of $35 on the campaigns.
- You can change your budget at any time, but we recommend maintaining a consistent amount for the first 90 days to gather data on performance, search volume in your area, market rates for keywords, competition, and more.
- All spend accumulated by your campaigns will be billed directly to your credit card by the ad platforms. Click here for more information about how Google will bill you for ad spend.
What happens when someone clicks on your ads?
- The prospect is sent to an optimized web page (often called a landing page) specific built to encourage them to take action, such as contacting your business via a form or phone call, purchasing a product online, or scheduling a visit. These actions are referred to as “conversions” in our reporting
- Our goal is to get the most conversions for the most cost-effective rate within your budget
How do you know your campaigns are performing?
- If you are running lead generation campaigns, you will receive an email notification when someone fills out a contact form or calls from a tracking number. You can also log into your lead tracking dashboard (customize link per brand) to view all your leads and export them.
- Check your lead tracking dashboard often; email notifications can easily bounce or have other delivery issues.
- Contact support immediately if you are not receiving your email notifications.
- You can also log into your reporting dashboard at any time to view performance, including the total amount you’ve spent so far, the number of clicks on your ads, how many conversions were generated, and more.
How long will it take to optimize performance?
- Paid Search Advertising takes 90-120 days to fully optimize your initial campaigns. By that time, we have established benchmark performance metrics. See details of those optimizations here.