How To Create A New Special
Estimated Reading Time: 10 Minutes
Specials are a great way to attract new and repeat customers to your website. Specials also help to increase brand exposure and overall website traffic.
In this article, we will review how to create a new special on your website. If, after reviewing this article you still have questions, please reach out to CyberMark Support for assistance. Support can be reached through the following methods:
- Clicking on the Blue “CUSTOMER SUPPORT” tab located in your website dashboard
- Emailing: email@example.com
Enjoy the article!
How To Create A New Special (Promotion)
1) On the main Left Admin Menu, locate the ADVERTISING tab and click on it. A sub menu will appear, locate PROMOTIONS and click on it.
2) The main specials page will list all current specials posted to the website. You will also see them formatted into an easy to view table. These table columns will include:
3) Clicking the “Add New” button (Located next to the SPECIALS wording in the upper left corner) will direct you to create a new special for your website.
4) In the first box provided, please enter the new special title.
5) The next two boxes contain areas for the special start date and end date.
6) The next section provided is for the “Specials Excerpt”, this is simply a small snippet of information that will display on the specials hub page.
7) In the “Specials Content” box, a longer more detailed description should be written. This information will be shown when a user clicks on a single special and a more detailed specials page is provided. Additional details such as images and a form can be added.
*NOTE: For more help regarding forms, please contact CyberMark Support using the information above.*
8) After completing the body context portion, you will need to enter in SEO and Meta Description information.
- SEO – Title: This is the information that will be shown on search engines.
- Meta Description: This is the 170-character excerpt that briefly describes what the post is about. This is what will be shown on the search engines main “Search” page.
9) Be sure to set a Featured Image for your special. This can be done by clicking on the “Set Featured Image” on the right have side of the window. This image will be shown as the individual thumbnail and in a larger format on the single special page.
10) Preview what the special will look like on the live site by clicking on the “Preview” button. Once you’re happy and the special is finished, click on the purple publish button on the right-hand side and the special will be live!
That’s it. Creating a new Special in WordPress is easy once you have done it a few times. As stated in the beginning of the article, if more assistance is needed, please contact CyberMark Support for help. Please use the methods mentioned in the beginning of the article for help.