A Guide to Advertising Performance Review Calls
How to schedule a review of your ad campaigns
Your advertising program may include a monthly or quarterly call with a marketing specialist to discuss the results of your ad campaigns. Refer to your CyberMark agreement or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on your service package.
In order to deliver scalable, streamlined marketing solutions to all of our clients, all calls must be scheduled via our online booking tool, Calendly, and conducted via Microsoft Teams. Calls may be recorded for training and quality assurance. We highly encourage you to schedule a call in advance with your specialist, as time slots tend to fill up quickly each month.
Our program includes 3 regular touchpoints to encourage franchisees to schedule calls:
- The specialist’s calendar link is provided prior to launching the service, in the launch call recap emails, and in performance call recap emails.
- Each month, our system sends each client an email encouraging them to review the attached report and to schedule a call with their specialist to review performance or to reach out to email@example.com with questions and to get the call calendar link as needed.
- At the end of performance review calls, the specialist offers to schedule the next meeting while on the phone together.
If you would like to schedule a call and do not have your specialist's booking link, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
How to prepare for an advertising performance call
The purpose of an advertising review call is for your CyberMark specialist to partner with you on your local digital advertising. Your specialist will identify areas that are performing well, opportunities to either improve, maintain or scale performance, and any recommendations. In order to make the most of our time together, we ask that you join the Microsoft Teams meeting from a computer or laptop. We will share our screen during these calls. We also recommend reviewing your business’ KPIs and goals prior to the call so that you can ask questions and work with your specialist to align the marketing with the needs of your business. The 3 main levers that you can pull as it relates to your advertising are:
- Targeting: the geographic area and audiences that we are serving ads to
- Offer: how does your brand entice new customers to take action
- Budget: depending on your business needs, you may need to show ads more or less often. That is where the budget comes in.
Common questions we may ask include:
- How did the leads generated by your campaigns convert in-store?
- Were there any commonalities between low-quality leads?
- How many leads are you trying to generate with ads?
- What areas do your customers live in?
- Is your offer attractive enough to generate new business?
- Are you qualifying your leads?
- Do you have any upcoming promotions or products/services that you want to focus ads on?
After the call, your specialist will send you a recap via email and make any changes agreed upon in your account within 10 business days.
What kind of optimizations and recommendations does CyberMark make?
As part of advertising management, specialists will make minor optimizations to the campaigns throughout the month to improve or maintain performance. Common optimizations include:
- Bid adjustments
- Negative keywords
- Audience adjustments, including additional ad sets
- Pausing underperforming ads and creating new ones
- Refreshing campaigns
- Landing page optimizations
- Adding new keywords from search terms report
- Bid strategy changes
- Budget pacing
On our performance calls, we may offer recommendations that require major optimizations. These are changes that require client approval to proceed. Common examples include:
- Budget change
- Offer change
- Geo-target addition or removal
- New campaign types on Google, such as display
- New campaign types on Facebook outside of the norm, such as Messenger
- Add-on services, like call tracking, landing pages, and additional channels
For more information on ad optimizations, please check out our ad optimization article.