While the basic principles of internet marketing will serve your company well anywhere in the world, there are some best practices to keep in mind specific to the international community. In fact, your company’s attention to a global internet marketing strategy is so essential that the U.S. Department of Commerce recently partnered with CyberMark International in the presentation of a webinar on this very subject.
On Tuesday, September 10, 2013, CyberMark CEO Kimberly Judd-Pennie led Attracting International Customers to Your Website: International Search Engine Optimization Best Practices. This webinar was presented in conjunction with the U.S. Commercial Service.
The U.S. Commercial Service is the trade promotion arm of the U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration. U.S. Commercial Service trade professionals in over 100 U.S. cities and in more than 75 countries help U.S. companies get started in exporting or increasing sales to new global markets.
This hour-long webinar covered:
- International search engines, including Google, Yahoo and Bing, of course, but also Yandex, Baidu, Naver, Seznam, Eniro, Onet.pl, Orange, Spiegel.de, Alibaba.com, and Marktplaats.nl
- What affects ranking on major global search engines, such as site design, keyword-rich content, linking, and social media
- Organic SEO (search engine optimization)
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Social media marketing, including engagement, and post frequency and content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, blogs
- Web design from a cultural perspective
- Content translation
- Google analytics and webmaster tools
- And more
Though the United States may certainly seem a big enough territory for your website to cover, keep in mind that 95 percent of the world’s population lives beyond our borders. So if you have yet to maximize your online presence for the international community, you may have only scratched the surface of your website’s worldwide potential. Granted, this is dependent on the nature of your product or service, but it is certainly worth exploring the possibility.
To that end, CyberMark International plans to offer a webinar on international internet marketing to its clients in the near future, as these are best practices we recommend incorporating into your current campaign.
Do you need support for your international internet marketing? CyberMark International can help. Contact Us for more information.