Consumers feel good about supporting local businesses and it is obvious why:
- It strengthens their community
- It helps their community retain its unique character
- It supports the local economy and helps to develop local growth
However, the benefits are not one-sided. Small businesses that support their local communities reap many rewards, both on and offline, including:
- Increased customer loyalty
- Enhancing your company’s reputation
- A stronger locally-centered network for quicker recruitment and fewer marketing costs
- Better employee morale
- Increased sales
- Boosts to local marketing
- SEO and linking opportunities
- Press and awareness opportunities
If you are looking for some simple ways to help your business support the local community, below are some tips:
Build Local Partnerships
Reach out to other local businesses and form mutually beneficial partnerships. Connect with other local businesses by hosting a networking event or connecting online via social media. Utilize local sourcing and get acquainted with your neighboring suppliers.
Sponsor an Event
Look for local causes, fundraisers, and other social functions that your business can sponsor. Not only is this an excellent way to show your community that your business cares about the issues that matter to them, but it also serves as a great way to advertise to the public.
Offer discount rates or special promotions for local patrons and frequent buyers. Let the community know you appreciate their business. Another great way to give back is to join forces with a local non-profit organization. The positive press associated with doing this is very useful and it will raise morale for you, your staff, and the community as a whole!
For more information on improving your online local marketing presence, please contact CyberMark International today.