Social media marketing can help you build a following, provide an easy way to keep your customers updated and make your company more accessible. And, according to a new study by search software company SEOMoz, activity on Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media are indicators of higher search rankings.
Looking at the top 30 websites in Google SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), SEOMoz found a direct correlation between link metrics and a variety of social metrics, including the following:
- # of Facebook shares â€“ Number of times your website's content is shared on Facebook
- # of Facebook likes – Number of Facebook likes links to your website receive
- # of Facebook comments â€“ Number of Facebook comments links to your website receive
- # of tweets â€“ Number of tweets that link to your website
While it should be noted that higher rankings aren't necessarily caused by action on social media, SEOMoz's findings indicate that websites with a healthy amount of mentions on Facebook and Twitter tend to have better rankings than websites with less of a social media presence.
So, how can you bolster your reach online, make your content more shareable and gain better Google rankings as a result? Here are a few ways:
- Build your social media presence â€“ If you haven't already, start Facebook and Twitter pages for your business to allow your following to spread your content more easily.
- Add sharing functionality to content pages â€“ Make it easier for your fans to share your web content on Facebook and Twitter by adding share buttons to your website's product pages, videos, photos, blog posts, etc.
- Blog frequently â€“ Adding plenty of fresh content on a regular basis will not only keep your customers up-to-date on your company's going-ons, but provide more content to share on social media.
- Create quality content – Keep in mind that the more interesting and helpful your following finds your content, the more likely they are to share it.
If you're looking to boost your rankings through social media marketing, CyberMark can help. Through creating a Facebook page to adding share buttons to your website, we can help you bolster your online presence. Contact us today to find out how.
Keep up with the latest Internet marketing trends, tips and strategies by following CyberMark on: